Nutella and chocolate combined? Too good to be true, huh? I love chocolate and Nutella, so I thought of bringing them together in this recipe. This sweet duo will surely double the yuminess of the chocolate roll. This is an exciting recipe and I hope you’ll make one for your kids. For sure, they would love this.
Flourless Choco Roll with Nutella
Choco roll with nutella
Write a review
For cake layer
- 6 oz fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped
- 3 tablespoons Harvey Fresh Milk
- 6 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 5 tbsp. Cream
- 2 tbsp. coffee
- 1 tbsp.Vanilla extract
Make cake layer
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Oil a 15- by 10- by 1-inch shallow baking pan and line bottom lengthwise with a large piece of wax or parchment paper, letting paper hang over ends by 2 inches.
- Melt chocolate with milk in a small heavy saucepan over very low heat, stirring. Cool to lukewarm.
- Beat yolks, 2/3 cup sugar, and salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer until thick and pale, about 5 minutes in a standing mixer or about 8 minutes with a hand-held mixer.
- Fold in melted chocolate until blended. Beat whites with cleaned beaters until they just hold stiff peaks.
- Fold one third of whites into melted-chocolate mixture to lighten, then fold in remaining whites gently but allow the whites to fully incorporate.
- Spread batter evenly in baking pan and bake in middle of oven until puffed and top is dry to the touch, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a rack.
- Cover top with parchment paper and turn over, allow to cool for a bit and peel of the parchment paper the cake baked in.
- Roll and allow to cool that way.
To make filling
- Whisk 1/4 cup Nutella to 5 tbsp. All purpose cream and leave in the refrigerator until the mixture firms up.Unroll the sponge cake and brush on top the coffee and vanilla extract.
- Spread over the Nutella filling and roll the cake ever so gently, until the edge is underneath the roll.
- Transfer to a long rectangular plate and refrigerate until the roll has firmed up.
- Slice and serve with cream. Yum!
Teenage Master Chef Louise Mabulo http://louisemabulo.com/