Brownies, like cupcakes, are definitely easy to bake. It’s no brainer. Just follow the instructions and you’ll have homemade brownies. You can surprise your loved ones by preparing this recipe. Thanks to Ms. Christine Gallary for this.
Write a review
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (about 1 cup) or coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), cut into 8 pieces
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat the Breville oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Line an 8-by-8-inch metal baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes. (Alternatively, melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.)
- Combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir with a rubber spatula until just evenly incorporated. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until evenly combined. Add the flour and fold in until just incorporated, about 20 strokes (no white streaks should remain).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, push it to the edges in an even layer, and smooth the top. Bake until a cake tester or skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let the brownies cool for at least 20 minutes.
- To remove the brownies, grip the excess foil and pull it out of the baking pan. Transfer to a cutting board and cut the brownies into 2-inch squares to make 16 brownies.
Teenage Master Chef Louise Mabulo http://louisemabulo.com/