It’s oozing with chocolatey goodness with vanilla cream cheese frosting adding a zing of saltiness against the sweetness of the cake.
I am sharing with you my own version of choco lava cake. There are a lot of versions of this which you can actually order in restaurants. It became a fad for a while, some even topped it with ice cream. Lots of versions to try and taste. But here’s my recipe, sinfully delicious. erupting with all the chocolatey sweetness and surprise, I added nutella in it!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tbsp nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large muffin tin
- In a saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add nutella and incorporate into mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes and let it cool off...Do not overcook.
- To Make Frosting: Combine 1/2 cup cream cheese, 3 Tbsp whip cream or nestle cream, 1/2 stick butter and a few drops of vanilla.