Here’s my own version of Red Paella Rice. I use red rice for those who are health buffs.
Write a review
- 2 tbsp atsuete oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup red rice, washed and soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine
- A generous pinch of saffron
- 1 chicken breast, deboned and skin removed for later use
- 4-5 pcs of prawns, heads and skin removed and set aside for later use
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 egg, hard boiled peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- In a pot, boil roughly 4 cups of water, with the shrimp heads, chicken breast, skin and bones.
- Place the Breville multichef on Sear function.
- Heat the atsuete oil and sauté the onion, garlic and bell pepper until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the tomato sauce. Add in the red rice and stir well.
- Pour in the wine, stir and allow to simmer, and let the wine reduce.
- Stir in the saffron and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add a cup of broth to the rice, stir and cover with the lid.
- At this point, change the function on the multichef from sear to risotto.
- After about 5-10 minutes, check if the rice is cooked, if not, add an extra cup of stock and leave for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Once the chicken breast is cooked, take out of the stock pot and cut into cubes.
- Five minutes before the rice is cooked, add the chicken, prawns and peas. Stir into the rice and cover until both the rice and prawns are perfectly cooked through. Season to taste.
- Garnish with hard boiled egg, parsley and lemon wedges.
- Parsley, minced
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- Red rice is used for its health benefits.
Teenage Master Chef Louise Mabulo http://louisemabulo.com/